If you are looking for a natural way to burn fats as you build some muscles, Spirulina is coming to the rescue. It is a blue-green algae used as a powerful supplement to support fat metabolism and provide the body with a vegan protein source. Many consider this as a superfood.
We’ve previously introduced Spirulina as one of our ingredients in our supplement collection. This time, we are going to focus on discussing about this microorganism as a powerful superfood for your overall well-being. So, what are superfoods? Superfoods are defined as naturally-occurring and densely packed nutrients that are consumed for optimum health. These are usually derived from plant sources such as algae found in seaweeds which is a primary ingredient in PuriSure’s Spirulina Powder.
Spirulina To The Rescue
Spirulina is a rich source of protein and vitamin B12, making it a perfect supplement for bodybuilding. Aside from these components, it also has significant amounts of carotenoids, vitamin E, iron, zinc, and essential fatty acids. This humble organism that wades across ponds is harvested to be turned into powder form. It is considered today as one of the most sought-after superfoods along with chlorella. Let’s get to know some of its benefits.
1. It’s The Secret To Weight Loss
Spirulina’s capability for fat metabolism can never be discounted. Studies have shown that it may improve metabolism of lipids and glucose, while being able to reduce liver fat and thereby, also protect the heart. According to nutrition specialist Dr. Penny Kris-Etherton, superfoods can do their functions well when they are incorporated into meals that are good for the heart. These include whole grains, low-fat milk, lean protein, fruits, and vegetables.
When Spirulina is added to the diet, it promotes weight loss and helps maintain lean tissue that is necessary when burning fats. It also makes you full during the day so you are never tempted to consume more food that leads to weight gain.
2. It’s One Of The Healthiest Protein Shakes
Imagine a conversation with your gym buddy as he or she asks about what that “green” is inside your protein shake tumbler. “It’s Spirulina,” you might tell them. This is a fact since the powder made from this ingredient is an excellent protein source and one of the healthiest that you can have. As a vegetarian source of nutrient, it works to enhance the natural metabolic processes of the body, including digestion.
3. It May Help Fight Cancer
Clinical nutritionist and natural medicine expert Dr. Josh Axe shares that Spirulina may also improve immunity and help prevent chronic diseases such as cancer. Research suggests that the algae may increase the production of antibodies and proteins that work to fight off infections in the body. This is good news since aside from helping to control cholesterol levels and preventing stroke, Spirulina can be the world’s next potent antioxidant that may do various wonders against different types of cancers.
4. It’s A Great Detox Drink
Are you tired of getting detox from the usual sources of oranges, pineapple, or any other citrus you found in the health section of the grocery? Start to fill in your detox bottles with your daily dose of Spirulina. Since PuriSure offers this in powder form, preparing the detox drink is just as easy as preparing your orange juice. We have ethically sourced this ingredient, processed them in a controlled facility, and tested them for potency. This is not your ordinary algae-derived supplement since it is loaded with naturally-found chlorophyll and is free of harmful toxins.
Spirulina And Its Superfood League
To fully understand what really lies behind the power of these superfoods, it is best to get to know other food sources categorized under this name. Here are Spirulina’s other superfood sidekicks and what they can bring to the table when they work together.
- Blueberries. The superfood nature of blueberries is found in their nutritional value that is comprised of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Mix some of these with your Spirulina drink to get the richness of the taste and all the health benefits combined into one.
- Oatmeal. It also falls into this category because this breakfast favorite also shows many of the benefits of the algae. It helps reduce cholesterol levels, improve digestion, and support good metabolism. Instead of the usual cinnamon powder, try sprinkling Spirulina Powder over your bowl.
- Salmon. Perhaps one of the most hearty seafoods around, salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids that help improve heart health. Plus, it also works to protect the skin from the harsh UV rays.
- Spinach. This is probably the closest one to Spirulina since both of them are derived from plant sources. Spinach has vitamins and minerals that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Combining some with the blue-green algae will give you the wellness you rightfully deserve.
What are you waiting for? PuriSure has sourced out the best ingredients from exotic locations to make caring for your body easier than ever before. To provide yourself with a pack of this superfood, head over to www.purisure.com.